- Start date:
1st May 2023
- App Deadline:
7th April 2023
- Entry requirements:
A 2:1 Honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject or a 2:2 Honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject with relevant work experience.
- Language requirements:
IELTS 6.5 overall
- Online learning fees:
UK and International: £15,000
Cost per module: £2,500 GBP
*For students (UK) starting in January 2023, we are offering a £5,000 Global Excellence Scholarship.
Online MA in Education Programme
About the Online MA Education Programme
If you are an experienced educator looking for your next professional challenge, our Master of Arts in Education offers advanced learning and development opportunities. Taught by world-class faculty, this flexible and rigorous degree provides a rich curriculum examining theory, research, policy and practice in education globally.
Our advanced degree suits anyone interested in leadership and management in the education industry. It is also appropriate for students with limited prior experience that have a keen interest in education and are seeking employment or a promotion in a wide range of educational settings.
- Teachers from nursery school right through to university
- Education administrators and officers
- Specialists working in Non-Government Organisations (NGOs)
- Trainers and mentors
Please note: This programme does not qualify you to be a teacher in England as it does not lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Why Exeter’s Master of Arts in Education?
We are an award-winning institution with over 165 years of education experience. Upon completing our MA Education programme, you will gain the skills required to succeed and progress into leadership roles within various occupations with an educational remit.
*For students (UK) starting in May 2023, we are offering a £5,000 Global Excellence Scholarship.
We’ve designed our MA Education to suit those balancing existing commitments. The programme is presented entirely online, and you can download free course materials at any time.
Our programme integrates four core themes that underpin each module’s curriculum content.
- Theory: Critically examine educational theories such as learning and models of leadership.
- Practice: Apply theory practically through learning activities to link taught content to your professional context.
- Research: Engage with current research in the field and develop your skills as a researcher.
- Policy: Develop an understanding of the policies and regulations that shape education and learning in various settings.
Gain insight into teaching methodologies and ways of shaping the future of education. At the heart of the programme is an understanding of learning as a complex and dynamic process. This understanding is reflected in the use of teaching, learning and assessment strategies designed to support collaborative and dialogic learning.
You can select two optional modules from the list below for a total of 60 credits. If you choose two modules from different pathways, you will emerge with a generalist MA Education. Alternatively, select both modules from one group and ensure your dissertation is pathway-specific if you want to specialise.
- Education Leadership Pathway
- Education Leadership
- Leading and Managing Education Change
- Language and Literacy Pathway
- Writing Matters
- Reading Rights
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Pathway
- SEN: Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Critical International Perspectives on Special and Inclusive Education
Masters Degree in Education Careers and Outcomes
The online MA Education programme can help you to find a position in traditional and non-traditional educational settings, including:
- Education Departments
- Youth work
- Curriculum development
- Training and development
- Education Policy development
As an online student, you will have full access to the Careers and Employability team who can offer support in terms of skills training, internship opportunities, job vacancies, employment fairs and other events.