This Policy applies to the website https://online.exeter.ac.uk (the "Site") which is run by Keypath Education UK Limited trading as Keypath Education, a company registered in the UK with company number 09655335 (“Keypath”) of Iv7 First Floor Coventry Innovation Village, Cheetah Road, Coventry, CV1 2TL. This Policy also applies to Keypath’s group of companies (“we” or “us”).
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers.
They take virtually no space up and are there so that our Site can tell that you are the same website user as you move from page to page. These files are either stored in the memory of your computer or other device such as mobile phones or tablet devices which you use to access the Site.
Cookies help us provide you with a better experience on our website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not; they also help us to resolve problems if things go wrong and to understand how users use the Site.Session based or permanent cookies
Cookies can be “session” based (they only last as long as your visit to the Site), or permanent (they remain between your visits to the Site, so the Site recognises your device the next time you visit). Our site uses permanent cookies. We can then build up a better and more useful picture of how repeat visitors use our Site and what they like and dislike.Specific information we may collect and why
The cookies which Keypath drops on your device allow us to collect details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, web logs or other communication data and the resources you access. The information you provide to us will be used for processing transactions but may also be used for internal data processing, such as compiling statistical information about your interests and the use of our Site. As a service to you, we may also use this information to customise the content we offer on the Site.
We may collect information personal to you about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type when you visit the Site. Your IP address is used to help identify and gather statistical or demographic information about our customers generally eg a UK based user who may prefer English language content, and to allow for tailored advertising. We also use this information for internal system administration to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our website and the customer or user experience.How is this information used?
Keypath will collect, record, store and use the collected information worldwide among Keypath’s group companies for clearly specified purposes including but not limited to:
- providing you with information, which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant;
- ensuring that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
The following categories of cookies are used on the Site:Strictly necessary cookies
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order for us to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. They do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes. These cookies are “first party” cookies and originate from our own servers.
- Performance cookies collect information about how you use our Site and help us to understand what interests our users. They help to improve the Site by identifying any problems that you may encounter during your visit, by learning how you entered the Site and which pages you visited. They do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes and do not provide any information to advertisers with the purpose of targeting you with advertisements on other websites.
- Functional cookies support the use of our Site and enable enhanced and personalised features. Some of these cookies are necessary to enable you to move around the Site without encountering problems and to use certain functionality. They will not save any personal information, nor gather information that could be used for marketing purposes.
- Targeting cookies are used to deliver messaging that may be of more value and interest to you. These cookies help to make advertising more effective and allow us to show tailored Keypath advertisements on third party websites which you visit. The cookies allow us to make those adverts more relevant to you based on your viewing history of our Site. These cookies are placed, on Keypath’s behalf, when you visit our Site (first party cookie).
- We use the information gathered by the cookie to profile you, in order to serve advertising tailored to your interests, likes and dislikes, on third party websites. The information collected via targeting cookies which is used for customising adverts may be personal to you so that we can identify you and tailor such advertising to you.
- Targeting and advertising cookies:
- Provide us with information about your visit to our Site so we can show you advertising that is relevant to you;
- Help us to limit the number of times you see an advertisement; and
- Help us to measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
- These are persistent cookies which will remain on your computer or other device until you delete them manually, or your browser deletes them based on the duration period contained within the cookie file.
Each cookie has a unique name which you can use to identify where it has come from. More information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them are set out in the table below.
With the exception of essential cookies, all cookies used on our site will expire after 26 / Jun / 2017Controlling Cookies and changing your mind
You can control the use and placing of any cookies on your computer through the settings you select on your internet browser.
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. You can use the help feature in your browser to see how to do this.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our site, or you may experience reduced functionality when accessing certain services.
We keep this Policy under regular review. We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Policy will be updated accordingly.
We encourage you to check the date of this Policy when you visit the Site for any updates or changes. We will notify you of any modified versions of this Policy that might materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
By using our Site, submitting your personal information to us and/or registering an account, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Policy (as amended from time to time).
This Policy only extends to the personal information processed by us and does not, therefore, extend to your use of, provision of data to and collection of data on any website not connected to us to which you may link by using the hypertext links within this website including Third Party Websites.Contact/address details
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to:Keypath Education UK Ltd
IV7 - Innovation Village